Lapis Lazuli Tumbled Stone. A lovely denim to navy blue material with characteristic gold Pyrite flecks as well as white Calcite mottling. From Afghanistan. Good to Very Good Grade.
Lapis Lazuli is composed of several different minerals:
- The main constituents include Lazurite, a silicate mineral in the Sodalite group. Blue Lazurite is what gives Lapis it’s distinctive colour. It must make up a minimum of 25% of the material to be classified Lapis.
- Second, Calcite appears as white layers, veins or mottling, or finely intermixed with the Lazurite. This can produce a faded demin blue colour.
- Lastly, Pyrite occus as small gold flecks in the material.
- Other minerals that can be present include: Sodalite, Wollastonite, Afghanite, Mica, Dolomite and Diopside (among others).
Physical Healing Keywords:
- Nervous System, Depression, Dizziness;
Clarity, Goodwill, Integrity, Prosperity, Self-Esteem, Third Eye Chakra, Dream Work, Inner Peace, Spirit Guides, Psychic Protection, Wisdom
Lapis Lazuli is known as a stone of truth and wisdom. Aiding in learning, intellectual work and boosting memory. Lapis stimulates enlightenment and enhances dream work. Said to quickly release stress and bring deep inner peace, promoting enormous serenity. Also, a protective stone that helps one make contact with guardians.
Lapis is believed to recognize and block psychic attacks, returning the energy to its source/sender. It aids in harmonizing physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels, bringing with it deep inner self-knowledge. Also said to teach the power of the spoken word.