Becoming a parent is filled with magic, but also with new challenges and decisions to be made. What better time to call on Mother Earth and her crystals? Let’s look at crystals for pregnancy and birth to help our mom-to-be survive and thrive!
We recently heard that one of our friends is expecting her first child! Of course my mind immediately went to crystals that would help and support her through the pregnancy and birth.
How To Incorporate Crystals In Pregnancy & Birth
There are many ways to use crystals for a smoother pregnancy and birth. Here are some ideas to get you inspired!
- Carry a few crystals in a pouch in your handbag or pocket
- Wear crystal jewellery (have a selection of bracelets or pendants you can put on for any particular day)
- Place them next to your bed
- Place them around you at home or at work
- Create a birth altar that friends and family can contribute to
CREATE A BIRTH ALTAR
Get friends and family to contribute little items like crystals, cards, inspirational quotes, ornaments, candles etc to create a special birthing altar filled with love, support and joy. Here are some birth altars found on Pinterest:
CRYSTALS FOR PREGNANCY & BIRTH:
And now, let’s get to that list! Here are 13 crystals that all have lovely properties to assist and support during pregnancy and birth.
- Grounding and protective.
- Its warm energy brings out a happy disposition.
- Brings balance & patience.
- Encourages decision making.
- Powerful healer & cleanser.
- Said to assist with fertility, pregnancy and birth.
- Calms mood swings, clears anxiety and helps to release birth related fears.
- Promotes restful sleep and reduces pregnancy related insomnia.
- Hormone balance.
- Reducing tendency to overindulge.
- Pain relief.
- Overall immune system boost.
- Very grounding and protective.
- Helps you feel less scattered, more focused & in control.
- Provides insight to the basis from which to start and allows you to hold onto the “whole picture” from conception.
- Brings stability and structure to life.
- Transforms negativity into a smooth, flowing energy.
- Said to assist with birthing problems and health.
- Powerful healing stone.
- Opens communication & stimulates memory.
- Clears stress, worry, grief & sadness, allowing light into emotions.
- Rids you of fear & phobias, bringing understanding about why they were there.
- Calms nervousness.
- Said to assist with pregnancy and the development of the embryo.
5. BLUE LACE AGATE
- Wonderful healing stone.
- Cooling & calming.
- Nurturing & supportive.
- Counteracts mental stress.
- Brings deep inner peace.
- Said to assist with childbirth.
- Excellent grounding and protecting stone.
- Keeps out undesirable influences.
- Powerful revitalizer.
- Gives courage.
- Calms mind, reduces irritability, aggressiveness & impatience.
- Said to assist with bladder trouble, inflammation, piles and digestion during pregnancy.
- Fostering a healthy birth.
- Perfect for the postpartum period to re-balance hormones and encourage self-care.
- Promotes joy and optimism.
- Strengthens courage and self-confidence.
- A lovely stone for anyone suffering with postpartum depression.
- Signifies wisdom gathered in tranquillity.
- Increases love & nurturing.
- Brings harmony.
- Promotes self-sufficiency.
- Stabilizes the personality, integrates mind & body.
- Releases negative thoughts & soothes the mind.
- Stimulates ideas, makes tasks seem less complex & aids immediate action.
- Aids emotional release, especially irritability.
- Assists with fertility, digestion, fluid retention, bladder issues during pregnancy
- Supports childbirth.
- Supports and strengthens the feminine cycles
- Assists through fertility, conception, pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding.
- It is said to balance the hormones.
- Calms emotions.
- Reduces fluid retention.
- Allows acceptance of new beginnings.
- A stone of transformation, it assists in times of transition and growth.
- Known as the ‘Midwife’s Stone’
- Stimulates contractions, eases labour pain and facilitates a safe birth.
- In ancient times, it is said that Malachite was put next to an infant’s cradle to ward off negative entities with its powerful protection, and allow the baby to sleep more soundly.
11. PINK OPAL
- Opal is said to assist with birthing problems and health.
- Boosts memory.
- Eases cramps.
- Pink Andean Opal encourages the release of fear, worry or anxiety, calming the mind.
- Enhances connection to the angelic realm.
- Resonates on a nurturing vibration aiding in grounding light energies in the aura.
- Some say this gentle pink heart stone can support the breastfeeding process, increasing lactation and easing nursing problems.
- Boosts bonding with baby and stimulates loving energy.
- Energetically a powerful cleanser, releasing & neutralizing toxins on all levels.
- Clears burdens, guilt & obsessions.
- Releases negative patterns.
- Said to assist with breast health.
- Heartburn and indigestion.
- Supports during recuperation and tissue healing.
- Can assist during the birthing process by opening the birth canal for an easier, smoother birth.
- Aids the emotional transition into motherhood.
- Balances emotions.
- Brings a calm, gentle energy.
- Facilitates birth.
- Promotes a positive pregnancy.
- Healthy growth for babies.
- Body weight management.
- Bladder issues, digestion, reproductive organ health.
- Releasing overindulgences and addictions.
- Eases cramps and pain.
- Helpful in healing postpartum.
*** REMEMBER: All information is ancedotal in nature and should NEVER replace the advice of qualified health care professionals. Crystals are wonderful and indeed powerful tools that can aid and assist us with their energetic vibrations! But we always advise that you view crystals as complimentary treatment to your holistic treatment plan.